Want a Nomad author to visit your school? Invite a Classroom Nomad!
Authors and illustrators are eager to visit classrooms and libraries to connect with kids!
What are the benefits to hosting an author at your school?
- Watch students get excited about books, social studies, and science.
- Children learn about an appealing profession.
- Authors describe their research and writing process in a way that’s fun.
- Kids learn about real-world learning, answering that age-old question, “When are we ever going to use the stuff we learn in school?”
- Provides a break in the normal routine.
- A chance to do some hands-on learning.
What’s included in many Nomad author visits*:
- Copies of Nomad News for every student
- A Classroom Guide for the author’s books (essential questions, Common Core State Standards)
- Activity handouts
- Opportunity to order books at a discount
Many authors are willing to do Skype sessions as well!
Contact authors and illustrators directly through their websites. You can find that information on our Authors & Illustrators page, or email email@example.com and we will put you in touch with the author of your choice.
Can’t wait to see you in your classroom!
*Programs vary by individual